fredag 1 juli 2011

It ain't heavy, it's my dress

It's the first one I chose and paid for but the third one to enter this very household.


You may ask "huh?". And if I hadn't done this myself, then I'd say so too. You see, I bought this dress but then had a panic as I knew it wouldn't get here until July (I thought mid/late) which, if it was totally wrong, could be a disaster and I'd end up wearing something I'd have to pick out the day before and therefore get married in an ill fitting, ugly dress. So to at least have a back up dress I would be happy to wear, I decided I needed an extra. So I bought two.


Yes, two.


Out of those two, one was absolutely a wearable, make-me-feel-pretty-and-flattering dress. I'd only need to alter the length and the colour is very nice -dark ivory. The other one was very pretty and all that but when I put it on, it just felt wrong. But as it turns out I won't need any of those two dresses because THE DRESS arrived today!!


It's so pretty, oh so pretty (and heavy) and it just needs a bit of tweaking to get the perfect fit but it's so right... and just how it looked on the picture. Baby N smiled when I quickly tried it on and I chose to take that as a "oh-mamma-you're-the-prettiest-girl-ever-and-I'll-never-find-a-girl-that's-as-good-and-pretty-as-you" and not "oh-dear-lord-I'd-better-smile-and-then-go-in-for-the-kill-to-save-the-world-from-such-hideousness" in a Stewie Griffin kind of way. It's easy when he doesn't really talk.


I won't look like the girl on the picture but very few people do anyway as she's stunning (think Mila Kunis but taller). I just know that I am very happy and I will feel pretty walking towards the love of my life (Baby N) and my husband-to-be (whatever his name is).


Now... those darned shoes!!


2 kommentarer:

  1. Vad härligt att det känns rätt! Jag provade min klänning med smyckena igår och kände mig så vacker att jag grät lite.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Mmm. vi kommer att vara saaaaa fina! <3
    forresten, sidan med skor du tipsade om var hur coola som helst! Har hittat ett par har i sheffiels som ar fina dock vaaaaaldigt hoga sa ska se hur det gar nar vi ska pa danslektion. :S

    SvaraRadera